S. Kadas was born in 1940 in the village of Mavrolithari, Phokis, where he attended primary school. He went to high school in Lamia and in 1960 received a scholarship to the Theological School of the Aristotelian University of Thessaloniki, from which he graduated in 1964. He then enrolled in the Philosophical School of the same University, in the Department of History, and graduated in June 1973. His first appointment was as research assistant at the Centre of Byzantine Studies in the Philosophical School, Thessaloniki University, and he joined the Department of History and Archaeology of the same School in 1982. In 1985 he became a Lecturer, in 1989 Assistant Professor, and in 1998 Substitute Professor in the same department.
1984 Illustrated Proskynetaria of the Holy Land.
Four Greek Manuscripts of the 17th-18th c. archaeology
1986 Proskynetaria of the Holy Land.
Ten Greek Manuscripts of the 16th-17th c. archaeology
1996 The Notes to the Manuscripts of the Dionysiou Monastery on Mount Athos archaeology